Nothing much to report. Last night, wife still rearranged our bedroom furniture. Kinda surprised me that she was able to move the bed by her self. Only asked for help with my computer table since there are a lot of stuff (papers, printer, books) scattered on it. But aside from that, didn’t need to do a lot of heavy lifting. Not sure if it was the sub working or because she didn’t want me to complain. Either way, I can’t complain since, again, I didn’t have to do a lot of work.
Last night, received email asking if I would consider being a technical reviewer for a publisher’s video tutorials. Sadly, it wouldn’t pay anything but at least I could have my name included there. Looking at it from a different angle, the pros are:
- My name would be cited in the video. This would make for a better resume when applying.
- Less work since I wouldn’t be writing and recording the video itself.
- I get to learn more about the topic being presented in the video.
- Free 1 year membership to their site. So I can indulge in more tutorials, and hopefully gain more knowledge.
- This would eat up some of my time. Testing and reviewing the code and processes presented can be time consuming, especially if I didn’t have the proper setup.
- No money. This isn’t a paid gig since I am not the author.
Oh well, at least I can still use this to improve my credentials and maybe help with the certification exam I am reviewing for.
Speaking of which, I lost the drive to actually study for it. Maybe this is a sign telling me that I should get back to it. In my field, certifications help a lot in getting the job you want, getting a raise, etc.
Maybe I should try limitless once Khan is done? Or maybe this is another reconciliation thing? In either case, I’m almost done with ST1, and will shift to ST2 on the 29th. So a little over a month, maybe I’ll finally find out what I really want and need?