It’s really an effect of what STARK grew into as a character in the MCU.
We don’t really get to experience the Philanthropist side until Endgame though, where we have the final stage of Tony’s brillant character arc.
What I now see in Stark, and want in StarkQ, is the mature version:
- Motivated not by vanity goals, but by contribution and saving the world, in a way that only he can.
- Not self-centered; aware of, and choosing the trade-offs he’s making on the path to his goals.
- Willingness, preparation, and mental toughness to make great sacrifices if necessary.
- Putting away any grudges he may have had; reuniting with and valuing his true friends.
- Not the one with daddy/mommy issues, but a great actual dad, and father figure to the youth.
- Not the geek-in-garage, chasing-all-tails; but can have a family, a home.
Unlike Emperor who plays solo, and Khan who enjoys dominating more than leading, the mature STARK is a leader to teams.
Sure, he’s still the one in control, but he also brings out and leverages the best in others.
EOG comes close, but all combinations of stacks that I’ve tried are yet to make it to the true STARK I have in mind.
We all expect StarkQ to have Tony’s charisma, humor, inventiveness, etc. I’m only adding what I fear may get missed.
StarkQ should not be a variant of EmperorQ, but a whole different Archetype.