As posted in the other thread, my main goals for my business are:
- To obtain more consultancy work since my consultancy work pays very well.
- Have an increased reputation in the industry and have reputable people in the industry wanting to know me and seek advice on problems.
- To improve my technical skills and domain knowledge. Also, I want to improve my financial modelling, business valuation and market forecasting skills.
- To be able to be a better writer, thinker and speaker. I want to be a thought leader who regular speaks and writes about my topic.
- To improve my monthly income from my business to XXX amount.
I’ve thought about it recently after having discussions over collaboration with another business, where I wasn’t speaking confidently and clearly.
The solution to resolving my financial problems is not getting a new, stable job but in winning more consultancy business.
To do this, I should learn to think more like a shrewd businessman. I am not an employee and shouldn’t be thinking like one. I shouldn’t think like a freelancer either.