Stage 3 from here on
So I wasn’t planning on being social but the title is unisex so I can at least observe what I can.
One loop at 9ish which is late for me but I saw mention of trying to do it closer to the time you planned on going out.
Was very calm the hour it played. Made brunch and as I ate it the brain tingles started. Back left of my head all lizard brain focused and pulsed outward along the back to land in the middle of my head. At first I thought it was exacerbated by my silk hair ties since I’d put one in on the left then finished brunch. Taking it out did nothing to stop the spread.
Social contact. Introvert’s nightmare. I normally make it a point to have as little as possible unless I’m going out for a purpose: work, my favorite LES bar, friends so
I’m playing one of my fav Spotify channels over entertainment center speakers and one of my favorite songs to get hype to from last year (with a choreographed dance that I’d love to have the knees for) comes on.
A mouse decides to saunter out of my bedroom and sit at the doorway like he wanted to enjoy too. I yelp and it runs back. I wonder if this is a new one or the one that likes to hide under my bed. I am not amused. It means they’re probably not coming out of the mystery closet, but from beneath the radiator in the bedroom whose cover is fused so I can’t get in there. I miss my cat. Mice were never an issue, but also covid wasn’t a thing.
I was gonna wait till later to go, but after I saw the mouse it was all aight imma head out. I vow to get in the closet and make sure they’re not coming from it when I get back.
I made conscious decisions to go to crowded ass Whole Foods instead of ordering in my groceries or going to the smaller supermarket closer to me.
Then with about 6 things in my basket I got an alarm that reminded me I had 10 mins to get back for a secret science club zoom so I walked to the fast lane.
The old dude in front of me keeps looking back and it’s hard to tell why because I’m definitely the proper social distance length behind. It’s either
- normal because this happens
- because of my #000000 lives matter shirt
- a combination of the two
- or the sub being a dick
Rush back listen to epidemiologist while I shred some documents then tackle the closet
- doesn’t look like they’re coming from it
- I get rid of a whole box of books (I keep a select few out of nostalgia. these never made it to my bookshelf in the many years I’ve been here) + a whole box of collector’s edition boxes of games I no longer play
- I find some unused soft moleskin journals from grad school that I like better than what I’m using now
- the closet floor is pretty much empty so I felt a little Marie Kondo, but I still have to sort through what’s left more carefully
- I’m one baby step closer to chucking as much as I can for a streamlined move next year.
- there’s nothing for me to seal so the search continues
- the lil assholes seem to be smarter than the first one since none have fallen prey to the sticky traps.
- My ideal would be I call the building that calls the exterminator and they somehow all escape into the walls before he seals up the apartment and no mice get stuck because then I gotta bludgeon them and take em to the garbage room.
— outside —///
I go out to take the boxes downstairs as donations / garbage then head to Starbucks. It’s hot as balls outside still and I wear a mask that will stick to my face less than the silk one I wore the first time because it’s gentler on my skin.
I get the same amount of looks I normally get. There’s no one to strike up a convo with. My neighborhood is not one I like to go out in. It’s quiet, boring, trends older, conservative, and wealthy. Even my local bar where I’m friendly with the bartenders isn’t doing their normal serve drinks out the window today. I plan on moving down further or even Brooklyn once I figure out what the new normal will be for work commute.
After Starbucks, I head to the smaller grocery to pick up some things I couldn’t in my rush through Whole Foods, and here I am.
— — —
Perhaps with more listens the things beyond my internal markers will start showing up. Right now, it was just another day of walking around in a t-shirt and lululemon.
Oh and I just started to get a headache but not sure if it’s from the caffeine I don’t normally drink or something else.